Skip to main content

ONE MILLION PIECES OF US


 It all began like any other story. We hated each other cold. But it melted away when the first few sparks of friendship changed everything. The sparks grew into a strong blue flame. Somehow it never managed to turn red.
It was almost like a masquerade. We pretended to be and not to be. Surprisingly it only brought us closer. We used to build ourselves this perfect world and break it all apart ever so often that it became a routine. We turned friendship cynical. 
We did the stupidest things and I have so much to remember. Honestly, I dont think I was anything or anyone before these people. They've changed me in an irreversible way and I dont really know if I'm supposed to be grateful or lost to myself.
I loved how we could talk about nothing and everything at the same time. They gave me a sense of belonging and I felt complete. Together we were the sharp autumn breeze on searing afternoons. Summer soon drifted and turned into autumn itself and like everyone else we failed to stand out.
We were no longer 'us'. We became "I" and "Me" ,"Him" and "She" before we even realised what had happened. Our words must have hurt one another more than the finest cavalry, even worse when spoken behind each others back. And just when we thought it was time to build ourselves back up we watched 'us' crumble to ash at every attempt. We broke ourselves beyond repair. Into a million pieces. Maybe it was my fault for thinking it would be different because every time I held back you fired harder.
This time I won't be bitter over 'us'. I'm tired. So very tired. Of course this will matter and the perfect world you used to build back up for me will fail to ever be. You might fade. But the memories won't. 
Maybe we were never meant to be.Solely two lines that happened to cross paths. We were made to leave. Everyone is. I'm glad we didn't end up as parallel lines. Because I promise I would have ended up waiting for my great perhaps while you would have reached infinity a long time ago.
Nidhi xo

Comments

  1. Awesome. Please post moreee.I miss 'em beautiful posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Running out of stuff to write about....any suggestions?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. how to know if its all a lie or is it all real? is he or is he not just another jerk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Im honestly not the best person to give you advice on that but...
      1) Don't rush into things...I think you should be sure about the person before you reach new levels...take your time
      2) Being a jerk takes high ego levels and a lot of conceitedness so...You'd figure out if he is
      3) A person who really cares would give you their time and affection so look out for that
      4) If its meant to be it will be. There are only so many things you can control. So....if its going well...then don't over think...go with the flow and make a lot of memories :)
      Thanks for the suggestion will consider making it an entire post ASAP

      Delete
  4. Thanx a ton..helps a lot..go with the flow it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No no no...write about how Indians view relationships as a strict no..and how can u keep you life together in all this drama..boys,friends,school,family...how tf r u supposed to make everyone happy atbthe same time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! Really gets you thinking. Will definitely write about that!
      thanks x

      Delete
  6. Ew.worst post ever.you think everybody loves you eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some really good writing i've read in a very long time! Liked it a lot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog