Skip to main content

7 STEPS

Hey,
Its been a while since that day. The days leading up to that day. That night. I was in my room. You were in yours. A footpath away. It was cold and the sky was clear except the huge moon right in the middle. I imagined us to be right under it but the rules stated otherwise. There was anticipation in the air. The air surrounding me at least. I never bothered to ask how you felt about it. I assumed you felt the same way. I could see your room from mine. I could hear your voice from the window that overlooked. And in that moment nothing else mattered to me except the fact that we could’ve been us. I could make me and you us in just a few simple steps. In just one rebellious act. It sounded right in my mind.
I sat by the window for longer than I should have. It got colder and darker. And all I did was wait. I had fallen in love with my thoughts and my train of thought went around in circles giving me occasional pangs. And then I finally stood up. I walked straight out of the door and into the wet grass barefoot. Fearless. I’m not really like that but I guess sometimes you have the power to be exactly who you want to be and who you don’t want to be at once. I stood there exactly 7 steps away. Lanterns lit the cold atmosphere- 6 steps away. I saw your eyes and smiled. Adrenaline rushed through my veins and I was stronger than I’d ever felt- 5 steps away. Your aura pulled me closer. Irresistible- 4 steps away.
And then. I watched you knock on a door- 3 steps away. This girl walked out and smiled. You walked in. The laughter wasn’t that loud but I could hear it very clear 2 steps away. And then it suddenly stopped- 1 step away. And silence spoke louder than anything I had ever heard.
2 steps away- my head felt heavy and the grass felt sharper than the cold wind as time stood still.
3 steps away- “what am I doing.”
4 steps away- Tears rolled down my cheeks
5 steps away- I started to run.
6 steps away- my conscience bellowed “I told you so”
7 steps away- “There are two sides to every story”

This was mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog