Skip to main content

IF ONLY

Isn't it crazy how things can fall apart so fast? So fast that you hardly notice till everything's actually gone. And all that's left is you- and your empty thoughts.
My life can't be described as a series of unfortunate events but everything has its ups and downs, right? Since the 5th grade, I lost my best friend one after the other every single year. Each year I'd make a new one and precisely the next year they'd move away. It continued on and on. Till 8th grade when I met this amazing girl. At first, I hesitated. I mean how many times can a person go through the same thing? once. twice. Maybe thrice. but a fourth time? It's not the most likely thing to happen. Before we knew it we were closer than anything. And even sooner than that. She left. It happened. Yet again. I lost the one person I'd been living off of. Thinking back, I'd say that we never seem to look forward. At what happens later. We're all so caught up in "now" that nothing else seems relevant enough to ponder upon. If "now" is perfect will it always be? I think we've all learnt that nothing lasts forever. "now" ends. And often- so suddenly. And life just feels like an empty space. like autumn leaves drifting in the wind. Pointlessly. And that's when it strikes us. that's when all the regret starts flowing back. All the things that could have happened. 'Should have' rather. And the thoughts spin around like a whirlwind until we eventually drown into ourselves.
 "It's not my fault." we say to ourselves. Just to lift off the burden.
"I didn't know there wasn't any time left."
"It's not fair."
"If only..."
But darling. The moments are yours to keep. If not the people and things that once seemed...Infinite.
Memories often go farther than most people do anyway. But somewhere deep down inside. I know. It'll never be enough. For when the sun dies down into the dark blue hues of the night sky. Nothing remains but the past, the 'if's' and the incomplete stories that once were everything we ever wanted to hold on to.

~Nidhi xo

Comments

  1. Nice job this was like totally relatable. Hang in there chika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really relatable. Hang in there Chika

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog