Skip to main content

REALISATIONS.


I'm sitting down at my desk right now- window wide open, wind in my face, head aching to write because its the only way I can let it all out. I realised I do a lot of thinking and one thing leads to another. I realised I make things sadder than they have to be. I make things sound a lot worse than they should. I realise that there are too many versions of me in this universe. The girl I bumped into but didn't stop to say sorry to has a version of me in her mind. The teacher who saw me sitting criss-crossed on the floor with my head against the wall like everything was coming to an end has another version of me. The guy I let copy my homework has a different version of me. Even my friends and family and everyone I have, and haven't met in my life has their own version of me that I will never be aware of. I realise I'm scared of the future and what could be but at the same time I'm scared of what couldn't be. I'm scared of the things I might have to sacrifice. I'm scared of giving up so much of myself, so much so that I won't have anything left. I'm scared of losing these people I surround myself with, even the bad ones, because somehow they make up who I am. I realise that I let them decide who I am. I realise they don't really know who I am. And then I realise I don't either.
I think there's alot that I have missed out on and a lot I will continue to miss out on because I fail to live in the moment and cherish what I have now. Instead, I hold on to the past and this imaginary future that I have no control over and let it destroy me completely and wholly until there's nobody left because I realise people will leave once the sadness gets too much. I realise I am tired of being alone, but I am always alone, with people around me. And I am so tired of being surrounded, but I am always surrounded, even when I am by myself. I realise that I pretend a lot. I pretend to be happy I pretend to care and moreover I pretend not to care. I realise I'm so full of myself and my problems that I fail to see whats going on around me. I forget to slow down and talk to that girl who's always sitting alone in class. I forget to ask someone how their day was and how they spent their weekend. Because I believe that its from these things that you get to know a person- Not from their posts on Instagram or how often they text you. The hours pass by so slowly and everything looks the same- the same broken ground, the same crisp breeze and sky that's always too blue but never blue enough to make me realise that when I look back, the moments I forgot to hold onto have changed into big hallways and crowded rooms where my eyes constantly search for something that's never there. I realise how much I hate everything around me. I realise how much I hate me for being me.
I also hate that perfume I can't wear anymore and those songs I cant listen to because they remind me of what used to be and what could have been, of all the stupid things I said. And all my mistakes.
Sitting here, staring into space, drowning in my own thoughts- something I wouldn't give up for a love deeper than the oceans. I realise writing is an intellect's way of bleeding. And parts of me are dead and parts of me will continue to die every time I sit down, with the window wide open, wind in my face, head aching to write. 



HAPPY EID EVERYONE! 
I also realised I have an obsession with complicated words that describe those things you can't really describe, like- Petrichor: the pleasant scent of rain on dry earth and Tacenda: things better left unsaid or Chrysalism: the amniotic tranquillity of being indoors during a thunderstorm
What are your favourite words?
~Nidhi xo

Comments

  1. billionaire and Philanthropist!(Mah fav word)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Esha nadi Nidhi u guys write amazing...so inspiring! I just love it and it helps me so much! I just cannot tell! But I have problems at school :( Can u help me? Everyone hates me! they ignore me! I just want to enjoy life but can't when someone judges me! By the way me favorite word is tintinnabulation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for the support honey. It's people like you who have truly inspired us to write more :) problems at school? don't worry, we all do. We're here to help if you ever need to talk about anything at all. You could e-mail us. Don't worry, we wouldn't blow your cover :) always here <3
      ~Bri-coleur x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog