Skip to main content

HOW TO CHANGE CHANGE

"It's not something we like to accept. It's not something we want to go through. But it's inevitable right?"



Yeah, here comes the worst thing you could possibly ever go through in your life. It's not the heartbreaks, it's not the goodbye, it's not leaving your old house, it's not moving far away, it's just the thought of having to give up on what you used to do, what you used to be. It's now what you were and what you will be. It's the thought of having to be with a different person and not the one who knew everything. But sometimes you just gotta let go, right? Honestly, most of us learn that lesson late. Well, better late than never.  



HERE'S THE 3 STEP GUIDE TO CHANGE:



1. THE BIG "WHY": So we come to...WHY SHOULD I LET GO? At some point in our lives we've all asked ourselves that. No matter minor changes or major ones, we've all been there. And it's not that we don't know what the consequences are, it's just the fear of having to let go. It's hard. Just thinking about it, thinking about the difference, takes your entire will. Having been there, I can honestly say, when I look back at my life now, there are some things which I would've never got if it weren't for this "change". But there are also things I missed out on. 



2. LIFE ITSELF IS ONE BIG EXPERIMENT AND ITS ALL ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE: One thing I've learned, a 'must to know', is to BE GRATEFUL. You never know when something bad could've happened. You never know how you escape death in a matter seconds EVERYDAY. Be grateful. If there's one good thing that change brings, it's the experience. 



3. SO YOU'VE CHANGED. NOW HOW ARE YOU GOING TO FIT IN!?: Now the most terrifying part...fitting in. Yeah we all want to be known as a unique personality but at the same time, we don't want to be picked out different from the crowd. Today everyone is ready to judge, their eyes are keen, ready to point out any mistake that you do. And you want to be that person who gets things right. That person who belongs in the crowd. A few years ago, it mattered to me immensely, but now thinking about all the opportunities I wasted, it was stupid. All those moments when I could've stood out, but I chose to fit in instead. To not be me.
With change comes mistakes and mistakes show the real you. I don't think I'm perfect. I don't think I ever will be. And I don't think I ever want to be. 


"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."

~Michelle xo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog