Skip to main content

BEING #GOALS


So after re-reading the last 2 blog posts I realized I sound like a complete know it all? LOL. Who am I kidding? I might just be the most messed up person alive. And that's not even an exaggeration. This blog is something I created to stash my thoughts and ideas because it just seemed so much more useful than a journal -because writing to yourself may not be the most exciting thing after a while whereas writing to a number of people just keeps you guessing and somewhat curious about everyone else's opinion and whether or not people agree. So I've decided to write something more people can relate too. And having someone tell you that they can relate to something you've said is just the most satisfying feeling in THE WORLD. Know what I mean?


Lately, I've been thinking to allot about the TYPICAL GIRL. I mean the ones we come across often and are thought of to be perfect. So what IS a typical girl? Well, I think its something society has just created and something that has evolved with time.
I present to you....drum roll, please....THE TYPICAL GIRL:
  1.  Her body is perfect. No flab. Perfect curves. But not too curvy. Thin. But not too thin
  2. A flawless face. No acne. No marks.  et voila. PERFECT.
  3. Beautiful hair. With no split ends and it's got to be thick and shiny and soft. (seriously?)  
  4. Clothes "on point" All the time. I mean we could be engulfed by fire in a  building- approaching death in another 2 minutes and this girl will still be wearing the most colour coordinated and "on point" clothes.(Like. how? Cos even if I wasn't in a burning building about to die, my clothes still wouldn't be "ON POINT")
  5. This girls footwear matches her clothes. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Like, please. YOU are over there matching every single flawless outfit you own with high heels and sandals when I'M over here wearing  converse with everything. ITS COMFORTABLE OKAY?
  6. She has like the worlds best boyfriend and they both are the hottest thing in the grade and all of their selfies look so damn cute. And then there's me struggling to keep my life not a mess and you want me to get another human being. A BOY. into it? Yeah sure. Let's make life even messier than it already is. Ruin that guys life. And then question my existence? No thanks.    
  7. This girl is not only beautiful. but her Instagram feed is just something you could stare at all day. All her #ootd's and curly hair and beautiful eyes and oh. What not. And IM over here looking for perfect light that's going to make me look flawless. IT NEVER WORKS. I end up wasting 2 hours. With more than 20 selfies. Out of which one looks decent. until I stare at it. And it turns ugly too. #storyofmylife
  8. This girl doesn't even have to be smart. Cos having an aim in life and studying hardly matters right? All she has to do is look the part. And play the part. And *boom* everyone loves her.
  9. IN SIMPLE TERMS. SHE. IS. #GOALS
You're probably thinking I'm just saying a typical girl is perfect. But just think about it. Isn't this what everyone wants nowadays? For a girl to just naturally be physically appealing. These are the girls you stare at when they walk down the halls. And at some point of time, I think all of us have wanted to just "be her". It kills. I know the feeling. but. if we know it isn't possible for all girls to just be good at everything humanly possible then why do we even expect it? We are the type of people who call other girls fat and ugly when we know how hard it is to maintain that perfect body and keep your hair and face looking flawless. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm completely guilty of every single one of these things. One day when we all realise that changing ourselves just to fit in and appeal to the public isn't going to get us anywhere we might focus on the more important things in life. Is being just another pretty face all it takes to get places? Cos seriously? Lets all just get dustbins and decorate them to look absolutely stunning. At the end of the day all there's going to be inside is trash.
Some food for thought.

"Make-up only makes you beautiful from the outside. Unless you eat it."
~Nidhi xo
                                                                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog