Skip to main content

AFTER ALL THIS TIME?....ALWAYS.

Snape's Gone
"This will never come true."


I don't think today, January 14th 2016, can get any worse for me. Today, one of the world's most influential character and a brilliant actor has been lost to cancer.
OK, I know this sounds a bit too emotional and grave. So here's the thing. This man is my hero. Here is the man who showed me the hero hidden within others. Here is the hero who carried the pain all along. Here is the hero who was driven by good but taken to be bad. Here is the hero of sacrifice.
Now I know Alan was just an actor but he played his part well and let's say is more commonly known as the Slytherin head "Severus Snape". He was know as one of the most cruel and  bad character, till Umbridge arrives and of course, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The oath "Always" is quite famous now.
OK, so the point of writing this was not to just show my love and pain for Alan and his family but I realized today how much a character who is the hidden hero can affect us more than the obvious one(not that I don't love Potter). When I got to know this man had passed away, I was in tears. I can't quite explain the feeling. It was just bitter. Snape had died again. And this time for Real.
But this is life. We all have to face death one day or the other. We're just mortals. But there's one thing that lives on forever. The characters we played. Alan might have been known as a really famous character and stuff. But each of us play characters too. And it might not be big screen characters but definitely major in our loved ones' lives.
I feel bad for the all the people out there who still think Snape is bad because they haven't finished the series. They'll be wondering why the world mourns so much. I pity those filthy muggles who detest Harry Potter. 
But in the end, those who have to go, will go. We can only hope to meet them again but not in this world.

Lumos...to Always.

~Michelle xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog