Skip to main content

THE LAST PIECE OF HIS HEART

A Short Story...

You looked at me with those deep brown eyes for the seventh time that night...but it wasn't passion, it was more of a painful nervousness. My eyes asked you if everything was okay but you looked away. I searched for your legs from under the table but you had tucked them inside your chair. Communication wasn't really an option with our families around so I had no other choice other than sleeping on it until the next day.
"Is it me?", I asked almost innocently. You gazed into my eyes for almost a minute before you bent down to kiss me. It felt like you were longing to hold me but something held you back. It was the first time that day that I noticed the tears in your eyes. Your hands were trembling. You wanted to say something but couldn't bring yourself to do so. "write it down.", I whispered softly. You shook your head. "Wanna walk?", you asked. We walked twenty minutes into the woods until you finally spoke up. "I'm leaving Gem." Your voice was shaky, like you didn't wanna say it at all.
"Huh?"
"Lancaster University...I leave in a week."
"Wow.", was all that I managed to utter.
Tears spilled from my eyes and flooded my cheeks. Five years of "us" and now it felt worthless. We sat on the autumn leaves and cried for hours together. We spoke a little more before I fell asleep on you.
I didn't see you on your last day. I went to the dock instead, to bring back memories. It was where we had first met. I walked barefoot on the cold, shaky wooden plank and hung my legs on the edge, above the water.It was then that I noticed a wooded piece jutting out from the corner. I pulled it out to see something I had never expected. Tears streamed down my cheeks once again as I read what was engraved:
"You stole my heart, well now it's yours to keep
And you'll always be a part of me
~Ty x"
(Based on a true story...ish)
                                          ~Esha xo

Comments

  1. Omg, this is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. tá sé seo le scéal i ndáiríre álainn

    ReplyDelete
  3. tá sé seo le scéal i ndáiríre álainn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was brillaint!!! You go girl!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just made my day! thanks so much <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is the best blog that i've ever read!!! You guys are so inspirational. I really wanna get to know you'll...please keep writing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so muchhh for the love and support!! It means sooooo much more than you can imagine!!
      HUGE thanks from all of us :D x

      Delete
  7. Words are not worth all the emotions that I'm going through right now! You're a beautiful writer...wonder why have you written only one article. Please please write more. You already have a fan club :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH! Well, there's alot going and with exams and everything Im not finding much time. But I promise there's more to come! thanks again your words mean the world to me! and a fanclub? haha x

      Delete
  8. This is amazing!! Please write more...PLEASEE <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah! This is amazing! You made soo much of those seven days, I wish he reads this.
    Keep writing Esha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thaanks ❤ means A LOT to me!! And yaas, i wish he reads it too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog